Background

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Necessity

O is a pretty decent eater.  If he likes what he's having he'll eat a good portion of it.  But that's just it, if he "likes" what he's having...and I mean, he likes quite a bit...but he can be a bit picky as well.

Today I made quesadillas for lunch.  It's the first time he's had it, and he's been going through this shun chicken phase.  I made them really good too; it was really cheesy, I threw in some green onion and I shredded the chicken so that he wouldn't really see it in there.  It was yummy (I know because I had one too)  I EVEN put a tad bit of sour cream on his plate to dip in.

He wouldn't even try it!  He picked it up and threw it down and just screamed.  Sometimes if I just get a small taste on his lips he realizes it actually tastes pretty good and will continue in eating...but nope, he did not want to eat it.  As I sat there, a thought occurred to me.  I wonder if I spread peanut butter on the outside if he would eat it.  So, I smeared a good chunk of PB on the outside while I asked him if he would like some PB (which he ALWAYS does).  He excitedly says "pease", takes the quesadilla and starts to eat!  Now, mind you it was more lets see how much PB I can suck off this thing, BUT a few bites were taken and not spit/thrown out.

Looks like I may need to stock up on PB.  I think next I'll try it in his eggs...

1 comment:

  1. You should enter the PB contest :)

    http://www.kraftpeanutbutter.com/en/?utm_source=weathernetwork&utm_medium=banner-homepagetakeover&utm_content=728x90&utm_campaign=STF2011

    ReplyDelete