Background

Monday, June 6, 2011

Battlefield of the Mind

"Worry, doubt, confusion, depression, anger and feelings of condemnation: all these are attacks on the mind." Joyce Meyer

I've thought about picking up Joyce Meyer's book "Battlefield of the Mind" and giving it a read.  I'm discovering more and more that this seems to be the devils best, strategic move in his battle to drive people from God.  It's actually a pretty smart move.  If he can confuse us in our minds & thoughts, he's got us pinned in a place where we can't see a way out.  If he can bring us to a place where we can't even see how God would ever have enough grace to accept us, then he's done his job.  Not that I want to attribute "smartness" to him, but he's got a pretty good game on the go.

And honestly, it doesn't really take much for us to come to that place now does it?  I think we all know how far a little doubt can take us.  We all know how a far a little worry can take us.  We all know how far feelings of worthlessness can take us.  It's a fast and winding road.

Like I said, it's a pretty smart move...and I believe it's one he uses far too often.  And we don't even know it's happening.  It's easier to see him battle us physically.  But mentally/emotionally...it's a subtle move.  One tiny thought, one untrue feeling.  He tries to make it difficult to see the truth, doesn't he!

Worry - What if the money doesn't come.  What if I die.  What if I make a mistake.
Doubt - Is God real.  Does He care.  Can I trust Him.  Does He have a plan.  Is he there.
Confusion - What is the truth.  Is that God I hear.  Is this how life is suppose to be.
Depression - I am worthless.  His grace is not for me.  I'm just a screw-up.  I am alone.
Anger - Why did this happen.  Why has God done nothing.  Where is God.  Unanswered prayers.
Feelings of Condemnation - I always do wrong.  God is punishing me.  I deserve hell.

Every feel any of those things?  Maybe you're feeling them right now.  I know I have felt some of these in my life.  It's so easy to accept them as truth sometimes.  The sad part, is that once we accept any of these as truths, we've given the devil an open door to wreck havoc in our lives mentally...which always leads to him trying to defeat us physically (who's worry hasn't lead to health issues; loss/gain of weight, loss of sleep).  At that point, it's an easy win.  What's that saying about kicking a dog while he's down?  he does a good job of that.

The Bible tells the story about this boy who was possessed by the devil.  The disciples asked them why they couldn't drive the spirits out and Jesus said, "This kind can come out only by prayer."  While many of us are not possessed by the devil, I believe there are many who are oppressed by the devil.  They are deep in the midst of the oppression of worry, doubt, confusion, depression, anger and feelings of condemnation.

And like Jesus said, "This kind can come out only by prayer."  It's time to stand up, and pray in ways maybe we've never prayed before.  This battle is stronger than you may want to believe.  The devil has set up playgrounds in too many people's minds and it's ruining lives, families, and churches.  DON'T LET HIM WIN in your mind!  Refuse to give him reign over your thoughts with negativity, worthlessness & confusion!  You may feel that it's useless to even try, but speak over him anyways.

Plead the blood of Jesus over yourself, over your home, over your kids.  Pray that God will set up a wall of protection around your minds, thoughts, hearts.  If you feel he already has had access to you, demand that he leave.  Speak out loud the NAME of Jesus over your life.  The devil has no right to be there and has no authority to be there.  Tell him, he has to leave...he cannot stay. Do it now...don't wait...he's just looking for more time and more access.

BY THIS I OVERCOME THE DEVIL
1. Through the Blood of Jesus, I am redeemed out of the hand of the Devil (Eph. 1:7).
2. Through the Blood of Jesus, all my sins are forgiven (Psa. 107:2).
3. The Blood of Jesus, God's Son, continually cleanses me from all sin (1 John. 1:7).
4. Through the Blood of Jesus, I am justified, made righteous, just as if I'd never sinned (Rom. 5:9).
5. Through the Blood of Jesus, I am sanctified, made holy, set apart to God (Heb. 13:12).
6. My body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, by the Blood of Jesus (1 Cor. 6:19-20).
7. Satan has no place in, no power over me, through the Blood of Jesus and The Word of God (Rev. 12:11).


No comments:

Post a Comment