Background

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Gardening

I'm going to plant my organic garden again this year.  Still trying to figure out how I'm going to keep the animals away...nicely.  Last year about 1/2 my garden got eaten or didn't grow.  Dad, Gary and myself have been looking into ways to keep the pests away naturally...I'll update you at the end of the summer how that goes.

So, this is the list of things I will be planting this year.  I will put an asterisk by the items that are new in my garden this summer!

Beet
Pickling Cucumber *
Buttercup Squash
Carrots
Dill
Potatoes
Peas *
Thyme
Oregano
Rosemary *
Parsley
Mint *
Corn
Onion
Green Onion

Last year I was able to harvest beet, carrots, dill, potatoes, thyme, parsley, corn & onion.  The rest either didn't grow or got eaten...and a lot of my foods didn't grow as big as I thought it would.

Here's hoping for a new & better year gardening!!

2 comments:

  1. Hm, I tried, but I think this time I planted more! What was I thinking!

    ReplyDelete