Background

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Things To Do

There are several things I'd like to do this summer.  I have vacation time and I haven't taken any yet this year.  I could really use some time away or even just time to do some things around here.  I want this summer to be fun for Owen as well :)

Here are some things I'd like to do before the summer is out:

1.  Take O to the zoo - prob the Toronto Zoo sometime in June just for the day.  O loves animals.  Sometime I'd love to go to the Africian Safari Zoo down by Hamilton.  You have to stay in the car when you drive though so I may wait until O is a bit older and is fine sitting in the car for it...and maybe when he's forward facing so he can see the animals more.

2.  Take O camping - May go camping with a few other families with and without kids.  I'm not sure how O will do, but I loved camping growing up and I want him to have that experience as he grows up.  I think it will be fun :)

3.  Go to NYC - I've been looking at going down for just the night sometime this summer.  I've driven though downtown once but I want to get out and see the sites.  I'm sure O will love all the buses & such.

4.  Tour the 1000 Islands & surrounding area - A few people on our Seeds team this past year are from that area and I've heard it's beautiful.  I've always wanted to see the 1000 islands by boat.  I guess the old youth group here use to go down to the Sandbanks beach in Prince Edward County...apparently it's nice.

5.  Visit O's Grammie & Papa Tim in NB - O hasn't seen them since January and they came up here so it will be nice to take him back to see his family in NB :)

6.  Run - I'd like to pick up running again...going to start the Couch to 5K over.

7.  Hike - I want to do some hiking in the area...I need to find some trails close to here and that are doable with O on my back in the Ergo...I'd like to take him with me at times.  With the coyote I saw on the property here I may have to rope some people into going with me...who's up for it??

Well, I think that completes my list right now...I'm sure it could change.  I may not get it all done and I may end up doing other things instead...we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment